On Saturday 27th June 2015, Smith Anderson Group Ltd were delighted to invite employees and their families to join in the celebration of the official opening of our new site in Kirkcaldy.
Previously located in Leslie and Falkland, the past 3 years have seen Smith Anderson slowly but very surely relocate its entire operation to Rosslyn Commerce Park in Kirkcaldy, concluding with the construction of a superb 2000 pallet finished goods warehouse, completed in June 2015.
An excellent effort was made by all to make the relocation a success which saw every employee move to their new site, 40 machines relocated, 1250 tonnes of paper and 1800 pallets of finished goods safe in their new home and all without affecting customer service during the process, that was the real success story.
On the day the site was formally opened by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Fife, Mr Robert Balfour. Maggie’s Fife Cancer Care Centre, one of the Company’s nominated charities, was also represented by Tu Edwards who was presented with additional sponsorship money following a charity Twilight Walk by employees.
Smith Anderson remains a 100% family owned private company. David Verden-Anderson and Fiona Partridge are photographed, alongside Chief Executive Michael Longstaffe, to represent the two shareholder families.
The day itself included tours of the new facility, a lucky dip, a family quiz, face painting and refreshments. Thank you to the 200 people who attended and made it such a successful day.