June 18, 2021
Maggie’s Fife Launch ‘Staycation’ Raffle!
Maggie’s, the charity which provides free practical and emotional support for people living with cancer in Fife, is delighted to announce that it is hosting its first ever ‘Staycation’ Raffle.
The Raffle will go live on Friday 11th June and will run until midnight on Friday 2nd July. Entries cost just £10 with the chance to win luxury prizes including 5 Star overnight stays at the Fairmont St Andrews, DoubleTree by Hilton – Queensferry Crossing, Cameron House, and Fingal. There is also the opportunity to win a Cocktail Masterclass at The Adamson, St Andrews as well as Afternoon Tea for two at the Fairmont.
If the chance to win one of these amazing prizes whilst supporting Maggie’s doesn’t get you rushing to get a ticket, then this certainly will… After a successful match funding initiative last Christmas, Smith Anderson Group have generously agreed to match the first £4k raised through the raffle!
Adam Kent, Centre Fundraising Manager at Maggie’s Fife said: “With many of us likely to be staying in sunny Scotland this summer, it seemed appropriate to celebrate some of the incredible hospitality available on our doorstep. We have teamed up with some top establishments to create the Maggie’s Staycation Raffle and we are delighted that Smith Anderson have once again agreed to support us by match funding this initiative up to £4k – We’re truly grateful for their ongoing backing. Centre fundraising remains extremely challenging, so our hope is that with the raffle we have found an exciting and accessible way for people to support Maggie’s and all those who use the centre. Hopefully, people will be feeling lucky and will treat themselves as there are some amazing prizes up for grabs.”
Olivia Slater, Sales Director at Smith Anderson said: “We love being able to work with this amazing charity and we’re excited to be involved with the Maggie’s Staycation Raffle this summer. Maggie’s Fife has an incredible team in Kirkcaldy who have supported many of our employees over the last decade and we are delighted to give them our ongoing support as our chosen charity”.
Raffle entries are available online by visiting: http://givergy.uk/MaggiesStaycation
Built in the grounds of The Victoria Hospital, Maggie’s Fife is a warm and welcoming place, with qualified professionals on hand to offer an evidence-based core programme of support that has been shown to improve physical and emotional wellbeing.
Maggie’s Fife relies on voluntary donations to develop its unique, high quality programme of support. The charity’s aim is to make the biggest difference possible to people living with cancer and their family and friends.
To find out more about Maggie’s Fife and to see how the Centre supports people living with cancer across Fife please visit the Centre at Hayfield Road, Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, KY2 5AH or get in touch on 01592 647997 and [email protected]
For more information please contact:
Adam Kent, 07825 056386, [email protected]
For further information about Maggie’s Fife please go to
Follow Maggie’s fife on Facebook for the latest news and stories and tweet us https://www.facebook.com/maggiesfife and @maggiesfife
- Maggie’s has 25 years of experience providing free cancer support and information in centres across the UK.
- Built in the grounds of NHS cancer hospitals, the centres are warm and welcoming, and run by expert staff who help people live well with cancer.
- Maggie’s has been supporting people with cancer throughout the coronavirus crisis over the phone, email and online. This support has helped people 239,000 times during 2020.
- Maggie’s centres are open. This support runs alongside our ongoing phone,
email and digital support.
- The first centre opened in Edinburgh in 1996. Maggie’s now has 24 centres in the UK and a growing international network.
- Maggie’sis funded by voluntary donations.
- Maggie’s President is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
- Maggie’s Chief Executive, Laura Lee was awarded a Damehood in 2019 for her services to people with cancer.
- For more information visit maggies.org